Welcome to the Clinton High School Counseling Website
Mrs. Heidi Kutzley
HS Counseling Administrative Assistant:
Mrs. Shelbi Barr-Freeman
We assist students with:
- High School Planning
- Career Planning and Research
- Personal Issues
- Post High School Planning
- Trade and Vocational Planning
Phone: (517) 456-7250
Fax: (517) 456-2042
ACT & SAT
College & Career
Career Cruising for Career Guidance Update your EDP, search for careers, colleges, etc. (See Mrs. Kutzley or Mrs. Barr-Freeman for your username/password)
What Can I Do With This Major Information outlines common career areas students enter with this major, typical employers that hire students in this field & strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
O*Net Career exploration and job analysis
Career Research from the Riley Guide
My Majors Great Site for exploring careers and colleges
LCAN (LENAWEE COLLEGE ACCESS NETWORK) Local resource for college and scholarship information.
KNOWHOW2GO College/Career Resource for all grades levels
BigFuture BigFuture features more than 600 major and career profiles. Explore majors and careers that interest you now. Additionally, students can search for colleges and scholarships.
College Scorecard US Dept of Ed web site college comparison tool
It's My Life Video Series
Students who receive free or reduced lunch are eligible for a fee waiver to assist with costs of the application fees and or ACT/SAT testing fees. Print out & Complete the Application Fee Waiver and turn into Mrs. Kutzley or Mrs. Barr-Freeman
Central Michigan University
Eastern Michigan University
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Michigan State University
University of Toledo
Western Michigan University
Washtenaw Community College
Siena Heights University
Northern Michigan University
Lake Superior State University
Wayne State University
University of Michigan - Dearborn
Grand Valley State University
Saginaw Valley State University
Ferris State University
University of Michigan - Flint
Technical School Resources
College Admission Resources
Writing College Essay Guide
CHS Students have the opportunity to dual enroll in college while still a high school student. The purpose of the program is to provide a wider variety of options high school students to ensure that all students continue to be challenged. However, there are some considerations and requirements that must be discussed and met prior to enrollment.
To Dual Enroll
- Must meet the eligibility requirements of the district & be accepted by the college where they plan to enroll.
- Entrance exams, such as the PLAN, EXPLORE AND/OR ACT/MME scores will be taken into consideration for acceptance
- Will not be permitted to take college courses that are offered at CHS or classes considered activity or hobby related
- Must be prepared to pay any out of pocket costs not covered by the State allowance that is determined by the MDE.
- Books will be covered under the tuition cap if the overall tuition does not exceed the State allowance.
- Register by completing the forms that are found the college/university admissions web page. Many local colleges will have a specific dual enrollment link.
- CHS strongly encourages students to enroll at Siena Heights or Adrian College.
- Must bring in the completed dual enrollment forms to the counseling office for final approval by Mrs. Kutzley
Some Things for Students and Parents to Think About Regarding Dual Enrollment
- If you already have a busy, stressful schedule, the additional requirements of a dual enrollment program could cause your grades to suffer and defeat its own purpose.
- The courses you take in a dual enrollment program are real college courses—meaning they’ll go on your transcript and stay there forever—so you need to feel fairly confident that you’ll be able to do well.
- Some schools may not accept all—or any—of the credits you’ve earned through a dual enrollment program. Be sure to contact the college you’ll be attending (or the colleges to which you are applying) and ask about their policies.
- Some basic college courses might actually be less rigorous than AP courses, so it may be best to take the class that your school offers (if available). For example, an admission officer may look at your transcript and wonder why you chose to take an introductory biology course at your local community college rather than taking the AP biology course offered at your high school
Dual Enrollment Forms
Financial Aid & Scholarship Information
Financial Aid Information
Federal Student Aid Federal resource regarding financial aid
MI Student Aid Access to the State of Michigan Financial Aid Information
Fastweb! Great website for searching for scholarships
Career Cruising ID: Clinton Password: redskins
FinAid! The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
Quest Bridge College match/scholarship program for seniors with a strong academic background and annual household income of less than 60,000
College Cost Comparison Tool Resource on paying for college
Petersons Resource for college information, test prep
Tuition Funding Sources Sponsored by Wells Fargo
The Simple Dollar Affordable Online Colleges
College Green Light We connect first generation and underrepresented students to caring colleges, generous scholarships, and life-changing counselors and mentors.
College Raptor College Raptor is the best way for high school families to find college matches, discover colleges that may offer them the best financial aid and simplify the college search process
Big Future Collegeboard scholarship search website
Chegg College & Scholarship Search
Scholarships Scholarship database
Midwest Student Exchange Program This is a tuition reduction program that makes attending some out-of-state Colleges and Community Colleges more affordable
Best Colleges Scholarship listings for students with disabilities
2018 Scholarship Criteria and Deadline Information
View other local scholarships in the CHS Scholarship Google Drive
William G. Coyne Memorial Scholarship Program DUE April 1, 2018
Sigmund Scholarship Two available scholarships; one for traditional college students and one for those interested in attending trades program DUE April 15th, 2018
State Line Gem & Mineral Society Scholarship Application DUE April 28th, 2018
Kelsey's Law Distracted Driving Awareness Scholarship Available to Juniors and Seniors in the State of Michigan DUE August 31st, 2018
Transcripts & Employment Verification
- Officials high school transcripts are processed electronically via Docufide by Parchment.
- Register & request your transcript to be sent electronically by Parchment.
- Register via Parchment to request transcript.
- Register to request verification for employment only.
- Medical information, copies of birth certificates, etc are not part of the academic record
Clinton High School Scheduling
Introductory website for High School Athletes 2.3 or Take a Knee